Your information is kept confidential.
This document was last updated on November 30th, 2023
Credit Finova Inc. ("Finova", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to respecting the privacy and protecting the personal information of its customers and users of or visitors to its website.
Accordingly, Finova is committed to protecting the personal information it receives and uses and to treating it as confidential. This Confidentiality Policy (hereinafter the "Policy") sets out the steps we take to meet this commitment and describes how we collect, use, store, disclose and treat the personal information of users (hereinafter collectively "Users" and individually "User") in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Quebec).
2. Your consent
By using our site, obtaining a service or providing us with personal information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. To exercise any of your rights described herein, you may contact us using the contact information provided in the "Contact Us" section below.
3. Personal information collected
We collect personal information about our users directly from them, through their interactions on our site or in connection with our services, or through third parties, as described below.
We collect personal information from users on multiple occasions, including, but not limited to, when they visit or use our site, when they complete a form on our site, and through the interactivity established between the user and our Web site.
We also collect information about how users use our site and services.
4. Information collected automatically through our site
We may collect information about users each time they visit our site. This information may include the name of the browser, the type of computer used and technical information about how the user connects to our site, such as operating system, Internet service provider and similar information. Most information transmitted automatically between computers is not personally identifiable. We use the information collected to understand how our site is used and to make improvements to it for the purposes mentioned in this policy.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
6. Online advertising
7. Google Analytics
8. Use of Information Collected
Your personal information may only be consulted by certain authorized persons, and then only in the context of the tasks assigned to them. Finova may use personal information collected from users where permitted or required by law and for different purposes:
- To offer services: We need certain information to register a user for a service, to offer and manage our services, and to resolve service-related problems.
- To personalize the user experience: We may use the information we collect to personalize the user's experience while using our site or a service. We also analyze data in aggregate to understand how users generally use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To improve our site: The information we collect, including user comments, helps us improve our site and services.
- To administer a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature: We use the information collected to administer contests, promotions, surveys and other site features.
- Marketing purposes: Personal information helps us to compile statistics, establish a personalized consumer profile and better understand users' needs and preferences, so that we can offer them information and offers that may be of interest to them. We use a variety of means to communicate information and offers to you, including e-mail and online advertising. Users who do not wish their personal information to be used for these marketing purposes should let us know by contacting us as provided herein.
- For other business purposes, on reasonable grounds: We may use the information we collect to develop artificial intelligence to facilitate the provision of services, to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, to comply with legal requirements, to enforce agreements we have entered into with users and for record-keeping purposes. We may also use it for other purposes, if the user consents or if authorized or required by law.
9. Sharing your personal information
We may share personal information with third parties (including outside Canada) if necessary to provide the services a user has requested.
A customer list may be compiled and shared with companies related to Finova. You may request that your name be removed from this list by sending a written request to the Person in Charge of the Protection of Personal Information to the above contact information indicated in the "Contact Us" section below.
With your consent, we may also share your personal information with companies related to Finova in order to get to know you better, better meet your needs and provide you with the best possible service and customer experience. If you do not wish to take advantage of this opportunity, you may choose not to give consent.
We may use partners or service providers for promotional purposes or to perform certain specialized services, such as hosting or data processing services, banking and payment processing services, research, marketing and analysis services, customer service, digital support or mail distribution.
We may share personal information in other circumstances with the user's consent or as permitted or required by law, including as required by foreign laws applicable to us, our affiliates and our service providers.
We may transfer your personal information to provinces, territories or countries other than where it was originally collected, and your personal information may be processed and stored outside your province or territory of residence, including outside Canada. These jurisdictions or countries may have different data protection laws than the jurisdiction in which you reside, in which case your personal information may be subject to applicable foreign laws. If we need to transfer your personal information to other provinces, territories or countries, we will protect it as described in this policy.
10. Your choices and rectification
Any user has the right to access personal information held by Finova concerning him or her. We will provide you with such information within a reasonable period of time from the date we receive your written request. A reasonable fee may also be charged for processing your request. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. Before we provide you with access to or correction of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If any information is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, the user may request in writing that it be corrected.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as indicated in the "Contact Us" section below. Please note that your right to withdraw your consent is subject to certain contractual and legal restrictions, as well as sufficient notice. By withdrawing your consent, you may not be able to use certain features of the site and we may not be able to offer you certain services.
If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may make such a request by contacting us as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
11. Protection of Children’s Privacy
Our site is not directed to anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18 on our site. If we learn that we have inadvertently received information from a visitor under the age of 18 on our site, we will delete that information from our records.
12. Third-Party Websites
13. Retention of your personal information
We will retain personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to perform the services you have requested, to protect our site and related services and systems from fraud or other illegal activity, to comply with our legal obligations and to protect and enforce our rights under the law. If you withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information or upon termination of your contractual agreement with us, we will stop using and disclosing your personal information to provide our services, but we may retain your personal information as necessary for the purposes identified above.
14. Changes to our Confidentiality Policy
All users agree that the Policy may be changed by Finova at any time without notice and that they are bound by such changes; therefore, Finova suggests that users review the Policy regularly. Each time we do so, we will change the update date at the bottom of this page. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to periodically review this Policy for any changes we may have made.
15. To contact us
To request access to or correct inaccuracies in the personal information we hold and use about you, please contact the Person in Charge of Protection of Personal Information in writing at the address below.
If you have any questions about this policy or our general personal information handling practices, please contact us at the following contact information:
By mail : 7750, Boulevard Cousineau, suite 204, en la ville de Saint-Hubert, province de Québec, J3Z 0C8.
In the event of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of the website content, including this policy, the French version shall take precedence.
17. Priority of Contracts
Any provision of any contract or specific agreement between Finova and you that is inconsistent with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions or the provisions of the Confidentiality Policy shall take precedence over the latter provisions.